THE COLON HYDROTHERAPY TREATMENT
The appointment is 1 hour long but it is important that you arrive 10 minutes before in order to fill out a consultation form, which is required before you have your colonic treatment. Your colon-hydrotherapist will go through your form and then explain the colonic irrigation treatment to you. The colonic treatment itself usually takes between 30 – 45 minutes.
A brief rectal exam must be carried out, then a speculum is gently inserted to open the sphincter. An inlet and outlet tube is attached to the outside of the speculum, so the system is open, with water going in and water and waste out. The waste is enclosed in a transparent tube so your therapist can observe what is being expelled and tailor your after care advice based on what they find, what your needs are and what is discussed in the case history taking. This could include nutritional and lifestyle advice.>
* Irritable Bowel Syndrome
* Spastic Colon
* Atonic (Sluggish) Colon
Encouraging the elimination of lingering waste and intestinal gas can also help with other digestive problems like:
* Diverticulosis (not when inflamed)
Colonics can also be beneficial to those with the following conditions, especially if they are linked to poor elimination or compromised gut function:
* Halitosis (Bad breath)
* Multiple Sclerosis
* Skin problems: eczema, acne. Psoriasis>
• Restores Original Colon Shape: When there are problems in the large intestine, waste may accumulate in it or stick to its wall. The colon being a muscle will enlarge to accommodate the accumulating toxic waste and lose its original shape. This may lead to more problems. The warm water and the gentle massage done during the colonic hydrotherapy eliminates waste and restores the original shape of the colon.
• Cures Intestinal Problems: With improved health of the intestine, problems such as diarrhoea and constipation are resolved without any prescription drugs.
• Benefits other Organs: the volume of colon reduces due to removal of the faecal matter that was retained inside it, it relieves pressure on surrounding organs such as the liver, reproductive system, kidney and bladder
• Removes Parasites: Due to alternating water temperature and use of simple herbal extracts (garlic, oregano and other vermifuge herbs), intestinal parasites are killed and removed.
• Relieves Pressure in Intra-abdominal Area: Colon hydrotherapy benefits the pelvis cavity and lumbar spine by reducing pressure on them and improving their mobility. It also improves return of venous blood from lower extremities and pelvic areas. Warm water and the massage techniques used by the hydrotherapist relaxes abdominal muscles and improve their tone as well.
• Treats Gynaecological disorders: Gynaecological disorders such as cystitis and dysmenorrhea are relieved due to reduction of a swollen large intestine.
• Loss of Weight: Good news for those who are keen to lose weight! one of the colon hydrotherapy benefits is that it help in weight loss by activating elimination and sprucing up the metabolism.
• Strengthens the Immune System: With the toxins and parasites expelled from the digestive tract, the body has a stronger immune system. Metabolism gets a major boost. Pressure in the pelvic organs is relieved. All this results in improvement in overall health.
• Hydrates the Body: Besides storing the material to be eliminated, another important function of the large intestine is to absorb water during the process of digestion. As water is introduced into the colon, some of it is absorbed by its wall and transported to the blood. This increases volume of blood that ensures that blood reaches each and every cell. This facilitates the process of elimination of toxins through the skin, kidneys and the bowel.
• Improves Overall Health: The colon is connected to other organs of the body through reflex points. During colon hydrotherapy these points are stimulated. Hence the process benefits other organs and systems in a positive way.
• Instills Feeling of Well being: the benefits of colon hydrotherapy do not end at improving the working of individual organs and systems. With the toxins removed, and the boost of the immune system, there is a feeling of lightness, the awareness of the mind is enhanced. There a feeling of overall well being.
Colon Hydrotherapy, Colon Cleansing, Colon Irrigation, Colonics, gentle water cleansing, what ever you want to call it, is a gentle clean and relaxing experience. A soothing flow of filtered, temperature-controlled water gently circulates throughout the colon, coaxing your body to yield the digested toxins and waste that may have built up inside the large intestinal walls.
Colon irrigation, Colon Cleansing is an ancient, time-honoured, gentle water cleansing of the colon. If you’ve ever eaten junk food, fatty food, sweets, caffeine, soda pop, chemically treated and preserved foods, processed food, too much food, too little food, or, in fact, anything that, modern culture deems edible, you will benefit from colon cleansing, or colon hydrotherapy.
Colon Hydrotherapy, or Colonic stimulates reflex points. Every system and organ of the body is connected to the colon by reflex points. A colonic irrigation stimulates these points, thereby affecting the corresponding body parts in a beneficial way.
Why not use enemas, suppositories or a laxative to cleanse the colon? Everything has its proper place, but those things really aren’t substitutes for colonics. Enemas are useful for emptying the rectum, which are the lowest 8 to 12 inches of the colon. Usually, one or two quarts of water are used to do that.
Suppositories are intended to accomplish the same task. Laxatives, particularly herbal laxatives are formulated for various purposes, such as, relief of temporary constipation, and to build up the tone of the colon muscle, etc. However, the best way to cleanse the colon without question is colon hydrotherapy, or colon cleansing.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is characterised by a mixture of symptoms that are believed to be due to a disorder of intestinal motor function.
Some estimates suggest that as many as one in five of the adult population in the UK suffer from it at any one time.
In the UK about 13 per cent of women and 5 per cent of men suffer from IBS.
Although we don't know what causes IBS, about half of all people will date the start of their symptoms to a major life event such as change of house or job, or bereavement.
About 10 to 20 per cent of people will date the start of their symptoms to an acute gastroenteritis. In the remainder of cases, the trigger factor remains unidentified.
The symptoms of IBS vary and may occur at any age. They often start in late teenage years or early adulthood.
The symptoms will depend on which parts of the gut are involved.
There is often overlap between areas of the gut.
Some people may experience problems in only one part of the gut, others in several. Symptoms can also vary over time.
• A sensation like a golf ball in the throat between meals which does not interfere with swallowing .
• Heartburn - burning pain often felt behind the breastbone.
• Painful swallowing, but without hold-up of food.
• Sticking of food (dysphagia) - this requires investigation.
• Non-ulcer dyspepsia
• Feeling full after small meals. This may reach the stage of not being able to finish a meal.
• Abdominal bloating after meals.
• Increased gurgling noises which may be loud enough to cause social embarrassment (borborygmi).
• Abdominal bloating which may be so severe that women describe themselves as looking pregnant.
• Generalised abdominal tenderness associated with bloating.
• Abdominal bloating of both types usually subsides overnight and returns the following day.
Large bowel symptoms:
• In women, left-sided abdominal pain during sex.
• Passing urine more often.
• Fatigue and tiredness.
• Sleep disturbance.
• Loss of appetite.
• Depressive symptoms in about a third of patients.
• Anxiety and stress-related symptoms, which may interact with gut symptoms.
• Abdominal bloating of both types usually subsides overnight and returns the following day.
• Right-sided abdominal pain. Does not always get better on opening the bowels.
• Pain tucked up under the left ribs When the pain is bad, it may enter the left armpit.
• Variable and erratic bowel habits alternating from constipation to diarrhoea.
• Increased gastro-colic reflex. This is an awakening of the childhood reflex where food in the stomach stimulates colonic activity, resulting in the need to open the bowels.
• Severe, short stabbing pains in the rectum, called proctalgia fugax.
Let it stagnate and it will distill the poisons of decay, fermentation, and putrefaction into the blood, poisoning the brain and nervous system so that we become mentally depressed and irritable; it will poison the heart so that we are weak and listless; poison the lungs so that the breath is foul; poison the digestive organs so we are distressed and bloated; and poison the blood so the skin is sallow and unhealthy. In short, every organ of the body is poisoned, and we age prematurely; look and feel old, the joints are stiff and painful, neuritis, full eyes, and a sluggish brain overtake us, and the pleasure of living is gone.